Kate Moss’s good friend and awesome make-up artist Charlotte Tilbury released this awesome make-up tutorial just in time for the party season.
It shows you how to recreate that fantastic clean lid, black feline liner look that is a little bit Brigitte Bardot and a Kate Moss signature. Charlotte says:
‘The feline eye has become one of my signature make-up looks over the past two decades. Not only have I made it synonymous with the likes of Kate Moss, but it’s a look I wear every single day.
‘The purpose of a feline eye is to use eyeliner to elongate the eye, like a cat’s. In doing so, you add intensity, and the effect of an instant eye lift – and who wouldn’t want that?!’
‘I get asked so many questions on Twitter and in person about my beauty tricks and the looks I create for models, celebrities and magazine covers. So I wanted to create a cool, fun and easy to use site where I can answer these requests.
1. Curl your eyelashes.
2. Using a smoky black pencil create a ‘V’ on the inner corner of the eye then draw along two-thirds of the upper lash line toward the inner corner.
3. Add a pencil dot to the outer edge of your brow bone and then lift the liner towards the point before colouring in the line underneath.
4. Line the lower rim of your eye in small smudged strokes and connect with the line on the upper rim.
5. Rim the outer edge of the lower lashes with the pencil and blend.
6. Rim the inner part of the eye lid for a deep black finish.
7. Add two coats of black mascara.
CLICK TO BUY: (L-R) Nars Eye Liner in Black Moon from Mecca Cosmetica, $36; Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black, $11.16; Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Pencil in Jet, $46; Rimmel London Soft Kohl Kajal Eye liner Pencil in Jet Black, $8.50.